March 9, 2010

STUPID STUFF STUPID WHITE PEOPLE LIKE

Waiting in long lines.

I see it all the time and it's usually for something stupid, like cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery on Bleeker Street in NYC, or brunch at Mission Beach Cafe here in SF. It's just bacon and eggs, people.

Tonight was my favorite, though. The line for the express counters at Whole Foods on 24Th Street went all the way to the back of store. Only two of the four express counters were open, yet the other full-service counters were empty, no waiting. Someone in the long express line tried to stop me as I emptied my cart onto the conveyor belt and said "excuse me but there's a line here" to which I immediately replied "this isn't an express counter" and continued to empty the cart.

HEH!

3 comments:

  1. "Health" food store customers are some of the most useless people on the planet. Snitty. Pretentious. And what freaks me out is that the SAME female customer appears in EVERY such store around the country: about 50, half-gray frizzy hair, wearing something purple and walks around with a permanent half-smile on her face. Creepy. The Stepford Hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do lines. This became a permanent rule for me back when the new SFMoMA opened: before it opened for regular business, they gave everyone a free day to visit. The lines were around the block. Why waste all that time doing nothing, then fighting crowds inside, when $10 the next day could buy you a ticket that avoids all that? Silly people.

    And you loving NYC, when I visited ~10 years ago I just happened to see the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" deli - the real one the episode was based on, apparently. The line was down the street. More silliness. I took pix of the line of sheep. (Meanwhile, at a deli near the Ed Sullivan Theater, some hole-in-the-wall tiny deli hired the actor who played the Soup Nazi to stand at their counter. Funny stuff, actually. He was having fun with it. Much more entertaining, and no line.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO "The Stepford Hippie" -- i'm gonna use that sometime.

    ReplyDelete