June 3, 2010

FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE

On May 30th, BP President Tony Hayward was quoted on the Today Show as saying "There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

Really? I'll bet this dolphin, who's carcass washed ashore at Horn Island, Mississippi, would love to have it's life back, as well.

On April 29, an exasperated Mr. Hayward is said to have asked fellow BP executives "What the hell did we do to deserve this?" I'm not sure but I'm betting the 760 safety violations your company received over the last three years may have something to do with it.

Here is some of what this prick, who amazingly STILL has his job, has had to say about the worst environmental disaster in history of the United States:

"the Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant's that we are putting into is tiny in relation to the water volume"

"the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to be very, very modest"

"food poisoning is clearly an issue" -- his response when it was revealed that nine cleanup workers were sickened by fumes.

Call me crazy (and a few have) but maybe this guy ought to just shut the hell up and clean this mess NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment