March 18, 2011

SENDING OUT AN S.O.S.

Watching Japan suffer through this great tragedy has been quite sad and has had me wondering what can I do to help, especially after reading all the Facebook status updates calling for "thoughts and prayers for Japan." I'm sooo tired of seeing that. These people don't need "thoughts and prayers," they need actual help, so I looked around for some alternative ways to do my part and found a few that you might find interesting.

I donated 46,000 air miles to two organizations. The Red Cross is, for the most part, the beneficiary of this program, but several airlines offer more than one group you can donate to. Those miles are used to fly disaster relief volunteers to Japan. Some airlines are also offering bonus miles to those who do straight-up cash donations, so check your preferred airline website for details.

Also, Google has a one-stop page for all information regarding travel, organizations accepting donations, and other vital information.

No comments:

Post a Comment